Week 6: Sept 1 - 4th - Intro to Microsoft Word
Our goal is to be able to log into our computers--whole class-- within 4 minutes! Try your best today! I know we can do it!
Once you are in, take a few seconds to review the steps to proper keyboarding and click on Typing club icon to complete lesson 2 (k & d). If you didn't complete last weeks lesson on j & f, do that first!
Review Proper Keyboarding techniques:
1) Use two hands to type.
2) Your right hand goes to the right side of the keyboard and your left goes on the left side
3) Put your right hand on J K L and : keys and your left of F D S and A keys. (this is your home row)
4) The bumps of the J and F keys should be under your index fingers.
5) Curve your fingers
6) Keep your wrists straight, not bent down.
7) Sit up straight!
8) Put your feet flat on the floor.
9) Look straight ahead at the screen.
10) When you type, hit each key with a quick strong tap.
11) Keep your fingers close to the keyboard.
Once your keyboarding lesson is complete, watch the video below on Microsoft Word!
Today we will explore the program Microsoft Word. We will learn how to open a document from the Shared folder and how to save it onto your student drive. We will begin formatting together! Todays lesson focuses on the options in the "HOME" tab on the Microsoft Ribbon. We will discuss how to change our font style, size, color, how to center our writing, how to make our letters BOLD, italics, and underlined, and much more!